Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
f number is a measure of aperture *diameter* relative to lens focal
length.

Its the same as a film camera, where do you think it differs?
Why do you even think it might differ?

My thoughts exactly. I can't work out whether he really doesn't know
or is
winding us all up. Film and digital cameras have more in common that
maybe
he realises.

They sure do, but there are some important differncies.

You still haven't said what they are, I don't think you know.

if you don't know I'm not listing them for you.
We are also talking about qwhich is best for teaching photography.
Teaching photography adn gettiogn a good picture aren't the same.

Sorry. Anyone who says "you are wrong but I can't be bothered to explain
why" has just proved that they are not worth listening to.

You may have a very good point to make - there may be differences in the way
that you use aperture and shutter speed between film and digital, but I
can't think of any and neither can dennis@home. Sadly you're not prepared to
share your wisdom with us, so there's only one conclusion that we can draw:
that you've lost the argument and aren't man enough to admit it.

You've implied that a camera with manual settings (and maybe even with no
automatic settings) is needed to teach photography. To some extent I agree
with you - about the former, if not the latter. Where you would find such a
camera out of current models of film and digital camera is the problem.

But you've not made a convincing case for saying that a film camera is
better than a digital camera for learning the principles of photography,
because every time you've been challenged to elaborate your sweeping
statements, you've ducked the issue.