Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Thatch Sam Thatch is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On 29/09/15 01:33, Fredxxx wrote:
On 28/09/2015 23:49, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 28/09/2015 20:42, Rod Speed wrote:
News wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has done too.

Indeed. It has been suggested that the tests are such that no
vehicle
could pass, in real world conditions.

I'm not convinced that that is accurate.
That then begs the question, how do non VWs pass? Are all diesel cars
cheating the tests, one way or another?

Seems unlikely that the original test that discovered VW's
faking didn't try any other diesel and find that they all did
and blow the lid off the entire industry.

They did, I recall an article that said diesel emissions from other
German manufactured cars were similar to formal test results.

And yet none of the other German manufacturers
have had anything like the effect on their share price.

Perhaps you interpreted what I meant incorrectly, unlike VW, other
German cars had the same emissions in road tests as they did in formal
testing.

No, but they haven't been caught yet...

Or they dont bother to sell diesel cars in the US.