Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

In message , Fredxxx
writes
On 28/09/2015 23:49, Rod Speed wrote:

And yet none of the other German manufacturers
have had anything like the effect on their share price.

Perhaps you interpreted what I meant incorrectly, unlike VW, other
German cars had the same emissions in road tests as they did in formal
testing.

This is the point I worry about. Is it really realistic to assume that
VW engineered diesel engines are so much worse that any others that they
require cheating to pass standard tests?

Another point. All major manufacturers purchase vehicles made by their
competitors and strip them to the last not and bolt. You can bet that
if one manufacturer found cheating by another, they would shout it from
the rooftops - unless they're all doing the same thing, to a greater or
lesser extent.
--
Graeme