Shoreline Electronics

Default 20" Mitsubishi tv model:CS-20SX1

These caps are all common failures.....best to just replace them

Check C519 100 Ufd 50 V (105c) Off The Collector Of Q507 On The Main Pcb.

Check C517 1 Ufd 50 V (105c) Between Base And Emitter Of Q506 On The Main
Pcb

Check C520 1 Ufd 50 V Between Base And Emitter Of Q505.

Check C518 33 Uf 50v. It Is Across C-E Of Q506, X-Ray Protect Circuit.

C518 Is 33 Uf 50v. It Is Across C-E Of Q506, X-Ray Protect
Circuit.MITSUBISHI CS20SX1
Shuts Down Or Intermittent Start Up. Would Have To Unplug To Start Again

Samtronix - Sam Jalal

Problem Was In The X-Ray Protection Circuit
Found C523 Located Under The Pc Board Was Open
Also Found C519 Leaky And Replaced C518 And C515

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)

==========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

"Sidney" wrote in message
om...
20" Mitsubishi stereo (with audio ouput jacks)tv
model:CS-20SX1,year:Aug 1992.Originally the tv would shut off once a
week then once a day then every few hours now the tv shuts off 2
seconds after turn on.There is hv during those two seconds but no
raster and the flyback seems to make a slightly different noise,I
don't have a flyback tester so I will try to use the technique at:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/flypoor.html

and by removing the HOT transistor and placing a 100 watt lamp between
collector pin and ground and see if the power supply is fine.
I would like to know what the culprit would be,also a this tv had the
following parts replaced by another repair shop a week ago:

C909
C908
C515=3300 Uf,16V
C516=3.3 Uf,25V
R531=470 ohms,2W

Also I would like to know the generic,Mitsusbishi and other OEM part
#'s for IC3A3 which is a 10 pin audio IC taken by the prior repair
shop.
To familiarize you with this chassis it uses the following parts:

Flyback # 334P21001 (location: T551),Asti Magnetics # 2944
http://www.astimag.com
Yoke # 330P15203
Q503=2SD1879
IC401=LA7837