Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default LED bulbs

On 9/28/2015 2:37 PM, badgolferman wrote:

The first thing I noticed was the old fixture's ballast was too hot to
the touch after turning it off. Not sure if that is normal, but I
didn't like the idea of it burning up and causing a fire. The next
thing I noticed is how much brighter the LED light is compared to the
old one. It is supposed to be equivalent to the old one but seems much
brighter. I also bought an LED 40 watt equivalent bulb for my desk
lamp and that one seems the same as the old one.

It may not be "brighter" but may have a different color temperature
giving the appearance of brighter. We prefer daylight bulbs for that
reason.