Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Cedar Chest

On 9/28/2015 10:13 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 9:43:17 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

A little bright red dye in the
shellac helped bring the Spanish cedar closer. Not exact, not perfect,
but it helped to soften the difference.

Jeff

Jeff, what red dye did you use? Might work for toning epoxy filler, for some ER cedar slabs, with some unsightly defects - https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/.

I had once tried cedar flavored Famowood filler, but it was more pink, than the cedar red tone. The pink looked like crap.

Thanks.
Sonny

I used trans tint I think it was bright red. One drop per 16 oz.
so it was a light buildup.

Looked pretty strong in the glass, but was very light on top. Could not
even see the red hue on the maple, but could clearly see it on the top.

Don't know if that makes sense..

--
Jeff