Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Attery Chargers/Starters

On 9/27/2015 4:03 PM, bob haller wrote:
over 40 years ago i bought a expensive sears 100 amp charger 200 amp boost
battery charger. my mom and grandma yelled at me to return it. boy am i glad
i didnt i must of used it 50 ties, for me, neighbors, friends etc.

there are on rare occasions something you buy and make very good use of.

for me its that battery charger.

with chargers go big.

i had one diehard battery that died hard at less than a year old.

a connection must of seperated internally. i came home, picked up some parts
and upon leaving within 10 minutes battery was stone dead.

so i used the charger, and went directly to sears who did a free
replacement..

without the 200 amp boost i wouldnt of gotten to the store

I keep a couple of charged batteries in the garage (to power an
irrigation pump, act as a bulk power source for UPS during outages,
act as a "spare car" to "jump" another).

SWMBO has discarded one of her golf caddies (is that what it's called?
just a little two wheeled cart to drag golf clubs around behind you).
I plan on converting it to carry the batteries so I can just wheel
them to wherever they are needed.