Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP 3561A

I got it. Thanks.

Next, once it is up and running again I got to tackle that vertical circuit.. I noticed alot of hash on the output of a 12 volt regulator, not sure if that is the cause of the problem. I don't even know what supplies it runs off of. I did see the vertical drive waveform but I did not note its amplitude. It could have been ten volts or fifty. I wasn't looking for amplitude, I was looking for that little glitch in it. It was there. It indicates an upset for the feedback loop, because of the inability of the circuit to impress the voltage on the (yoke) coil to result in a sawtooth current.

We will be getting back to that soon. I will check everything.