Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP 3561A

"Incidentally, the 7912 regulator is short circuit protected and should
easily recover from a short to ground. It's probably something else
that blew. I would guess(tm) a fuse. "

Yes, but the center pin is input and I thought it might short the protection diode or something. I am sure something upstream went, unless it is now in software. That worries me because them ****ers could make it so the SMPS will never get drive again unless you buy tool J-1120953A.

The file I already had indicates no real hard fuzibles that would go. And I have physically looked. I will look again. I really want an easy solution, like some little one ohm resistor or some ****. It should not be that hard, it was a simple short circuit.

Who knows, this may totally overshadow the vertical sweep problem. But this is not something I can just st aside.