Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default HP 3561A

On 9/27/2015 11:58 AM, wrote:
Thanks, that might come in handy.

Looks like I have to RTFM even with what I got. This thing shut down with a slip of the probe and now appears to need to be reset. There doesn't seem to be any bad components but there is no drive to the power supply choppers. I am going to make surer of that later today I think. It is difficult to access anything to test so I'll do hat I usually do - stick a wire on it and slide the card back in.

The way this thing is put together I can't even find the main transformer ! I pretty much know where it is but can't see hide nor hair of it.

This is another one where I look at how it is built and go "Why ?". They got the choppers on a standup car, the transformer on the motherboard and the rectifiers on another standup card. The logical assumption is they intended for service to be able to be performed on a modular level. All fine and good, but a part of me goes "Are you kidding ?".

I can't bitch. I couldn't design the thing at all. But I can go "Huh ?".

Anyway, thanks. And if you catch wind of any "reset" routine for HP stuff let me know. I am going to triple check that there are no blown components, like fuzibes n ****.

There is a lot of info on the 3561A on the Yahoo HP-Agilent_equipment
group including a PSU schematic in the files section. You might want to
sign up with them. A quick read through and there's a lot about flyback
burnup but I'm not familiar with the unit. I can send the PSU schematic
if your email address is valid, size 3MB