Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
| The stockholders are also innocent. Why would you punish them? The
| "market" is already punishing them anyway.

The stockholders are the ones who stand to win
or lose. It's their responsibility financially. And in
this case, a controlling interest is owned by two
families that are said to hold a tight rein. It's not
punishing the stockholders. It's holding the
corporation responsible.

It is of course punishing the stockholders whenever a fine
or penalty is levied on a corporation. Who owns those shares
is irrelevant. And I'd like to see the basis for your claim
that a controlling interest is owned by two families, because
I think it's BS. I'd bet any such families own at most a
few perecent. But if you have the facts, I'm sure we'd be
interested in seeing it. Even if the alleged families
owned 30% or some similar huge amount, you'd still be
punishing them and the other 70% of stockholders.