Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:28:17 +0100, NY wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
What annoys me is the amount of money my council spends redoing streets
with potholes, which are a tenth of the size of the speedbumps. Why do
they bother?

Round here (rural Yorkshire) they spend money resurfacing parts of roads
that have minor potholes but leave the really bad ones nearby untouched.
Every time I see "road will be closed for repairs" I think "ah, they'll
resurface the bits that are OK for another year and ignore the bad bits".

I think they do it on a schedule with no checking to see what the condition of each road is at all. What a waste of money. Either that or they use those stupid traffic counters and assume all else is equal. Why not just look?

--
If you eat a judge's uniform you might contract a lawsuit.