Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What has happened to McFeeleys

In article om,
Puckdropper says...

Jack wrote in :

Bidding is tendering an offer for something,usually in an auction
style format. The something could be anything, like a car, or a job,
or a wife.

What the offer you are tendering could be money, years of service, or
goats.

I bid 3 goats for your daughter, I bid 20 years service for that job,
I big 200 gold bars for that Festool vacuum.

I don't have any of those things, but 200 gold bars for a Festool vacuum?
I'll get one!

You'd have to offer a lot more than 3 goats for a daughter nowadays.
Haven't you heard of inflation?

But you haven't met the daughter in question--3 goats might be
excessive.