Posted to alt.home.repair

Default network tip for those customers with 8 year old girls

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 6:38:18 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/26/2015 10:43 PM, Don Y wrote:
As I said, it's a *moral* obligation. There are many folks who see
the world as revolving around themselves and don't feel "obligated"
to play by social rules.

I tend to be very clinical in dealing with "boundaries".

Many years ago, I was invited to my boss's home for dinner. It
was early November -- T-day on the near horizon. They had a
young daughter (8?). I showed up with a Godiva chocolate *turkey*
for her. She was clinging to her mom's leg as I walked in.

I handed the turkey to the *mother*. She looked at me, puzzled:
"But, isn't this for daughter?" I said, "Yes. But, I don't think
she should be accepting a gift/candy from a stranger (despite the fact
that Mom & Dad obviously *both* know me!)"

I.e., daughter knows where the turkey came from. Daughter knows who to
thank. *Mom* will decide when -- and if -- she can eat it. I have
no role in this beyond my giving.

Perhaps one day Uncle Monster will relate how he'd
handle the situation. Probably pick up the little
girl, throw her to the ceiling a couple times,
chew on her arm till she gets hiccoughs from
giggling too long, and then throw the girl over
her shoulder, carry her in to her seat at the
table. Followed by a raise, promotion, and an offer
to be babysitter for the girl.
-
.

Oh come on! I don't torture my food or play with it..........too much. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster