Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 9/26/2015 8:01 PM, Muggles wrote:
Why the attraction to a bug? (I can see a *classic* just for
nostalgia -- surely not SAFETY! : ) Are you looking for
small? Fuel efficient? Cute? etc.

I think it's cute, different, not so small that a big husband can't sit
in the passenger seat, and not so big that I feel like I'm still driving
a mini-van.

frown Do you have money to burn? I.e., do you care about the reliability
and safety of the vehicle that hauls you around town?

Find something that is affordable and comfortable. If you want to be
"cute", put a big red bow on the front grill. Or, "eyelashes" above
the headlights. Or, a *tail* curving up over the back of the car
from the rear bumper.

(seriously -- I have seen all of the above)

It will make your car more memorable (to you and others), won't cost
you much, won't alter the value, reliability or safety of the ride,
etc. A photo of a local vendor who is known for their crazy cars:
http://everydaychildhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/trulynolen3.jpg
Look carefully at the front end details...