Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 9/25/2015 11:18 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 9/25/2015 8:04 AM, Muggles wrote:
With the prices of new Beetles, I can't really afford one right now, but
if the prices of used (automatic - not diesel) Beetles come down I may
easily be able to afford one of those.

Is the problem being discussed with VW only with diesels? I haven't
read every post on the subject and could have missed that detail.

Only diesels (currently -- and probably that's as far as it will
go *at* VW). You'll have to see how "stupid" people are in sorting
out that distinction, going forward.

That was my first question.

As a single data point (with all that implies!), note that we had a
neighbor with a "new bug" some years back. It was always in the
shop (though I have no idea what the problems were -- these folks
don't do any of their own maintenance... so, it could have been
"replacing windshield wiper blades"!). They traded it out pretty
early...

Why the attraction to a bug? (I can see a *classic* just for
nostalgia -- surely not SAFETY! : ) Are you looking for
small? Fuel efficient? Cute? etc.

I think it's cute, different, not so small that a big husband can't sit
in the passenger seat, and not so big that I feel like I'm still driving
a mini-van.

--
Maggie