Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

leza wang posted for all of us...

Sorry for off topic
-------------------

Hi

A friend of mine who is a senior citizen and want to buy a new car to replace her standard old car. She is very good driver with very clean driving history. Her current car is Volkswagen golf. She is thinking of buying a new Volkswagen golf but automatic of course (easier to drive). Do you have any other recommendation on which car (brand name) she should consider. Too many options and technologies are not really required, just basic stuff but most

be automatic.

Thank you in advance.

Please take the time to go with her to visit the dealers. Have her get in &
out of EVERY one of them through the different model lines. Observe what
works for her, narrow the list then go for test drive.
It will take much time but will be worth it. At least to shield her from the
salespersons baloney. Make a point to the salesperson that you will NOT be
deciding or purchasing today. I prefer foreign makes. Toyota, Honda, Subaru,
Nissan. Ford is the only US car I have had that was dependable. How close is
the dealer, loaners, pickup/delivery for service? I am afraid you will have
to do a lot of research for past thoughts and remember anything posted here
is just someones opinion-including mine. I'm sorry not to give a magical
answer but I just went through this myself. You might save money getting a
2015 model as it's end of model year. Good luck.

--
Tekkie