Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ants

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 13:09:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:53:13 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Foreign invaders. There should be a fence to keep them out.

Bugs can stay out side as long as they don't set up shop in areas we
frequent, like the path to the back yard, or on the porch. Yesterday, I
was coming out the exit of a garden center and a fairly large spider was
hanging right about eye level. I nearly walked right into it! I backed
up and called over one of the garden center workers and showed him the
BIG spider. He said he'd move it to a better spot. After I got into my
van I watched him catch the spider and drop it into some bushes nearby.

We had some black widows that tried to set up a homestead on my front
porch. They were dead black widows shortly after I saw them, too. I
don't mind regular garden spiders, but I'll kill the black widows as
soon as I find them. Occasionally, we'll have recluse spiders show up
in random places in the house, too, like on the wall, or even in the
sink or tub. They get an automatic death sentence just like the black
widows.

I have Black Windows in many places around outside the house. They
don't really bother me. They eat other creatures; other creatures eat
them like large desert collard lizards. I'm always careful when
around there hiding places.

http://www.birdandhike.com/Wildlife/Lizard/Lizards_Home/DSC_16814a.jpg

I leave a small space under the garage door so they can come in and
feast.

The best pest control around here is the southern black racer. I can
always tell there is one in the screen cage because there isn't
another living thing in there.
Once the place is wiped clean, he will curl up by the door and wait to
be let out.

http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Black%20Racer%202.jpg