Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:12:00 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

GB wrote:

I don't know much about golf buggies, but you can't compare generic with
manufacturer's spares. Even if they are the same product. That's because
they haven't got to have the same wide inventory for generic. So, if you
buy a battery for a top brand golf buggy from one of their dealers, how
much does that cost? Otherwise, as you say, it's not comparable.

So basically you are saying that a battery made by Exide, for instance,
and bought by a golf firm for fitting in their buggies, is in some way
different to the next battery off the line, which is bought by a
disability outfit to fit in their products?

We are talking absolutely identical products here.

Why are you buying the parts from a disability shop if you can get them cheaper elsewhere?

--
I've never had a problem with drugs,
I've had problems with the police. - Keith Richards