Lobster

Default Neighbours extension issues.

sheeprug wrote in message ...

Firstly, they've built the wall up close to the boundary such that the
guttering overlaps into my airspace and will reduce the amount light
available for a new window I'm thinking about installing.

Secondly, the extension includes a toilet with the overflow pipe
draining over my side.

Do I have any rights over these? I've no wish to start a neighbourhoow
row, but the former is a pain in the $%^&, and the latter seems a little
odd.

All I'd say is think about it - if you complain about the guttering,
then you're almost certainly going to **** off your neighbour, right?
If, as it sounds, there's no quick, cheap and easy solution to the
problem, it's not very likely that anything will happen, and all you
will have done is developed a bad relationship with next door. And as
anyone will tell you, having stroppy neighbours can be a as big a pain
in the $%^& as anything. Ask yourself if it's worth it.

As regards the overflow pipe, whatever the rights and wrongs - does it
really matter, providing it's not actually overflowing? Ignore.

David