Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 09/25/2015 09:04 AM, Muggles wrote:
With the prices of new Beetles, I can't really afford one right now, but
if the prices of used (automatic - not diesel) Beetles come down I may
easily be able to afford one of those.

Is the problem being discussed with VW only with diesels? I haven't
read every post on the subject and could have missed that detail.

Yes, it's the TDI diesel. The market is unpredictable but I don't see
why that would impact the gas engine models, which are the majority in
the US market.

All the manufacturers game the system, VW was just a little sneakier.
Despite all the whining at least VW didn't kill anybody, unlike
Government Motors ignition switches or the lowest bidder exploding airbags.