Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

wrote:
In uk.d-i-y Bill Wright wrote:
GB wrote:

One possibility is that the disability shop orders the keys in from the
manufacturer. Clearly, that's not the same process as the key cutting
kiosk. For a start, you need to have the key to begin with to use the
kiosk. You'd be the first to complain if the manufacturers of the
scooter were unable to supply a key just from the ID number of the scooter.

It's the same key for all the scooters in that series. You say which
scooter it is and they sell you a key.

That's like most tractors believe it or not.

And a lot of plant.

Years ago I was helping out on a farm and I was driving an antiquated
tractor back and forth with loads of disgusting stuff on a trailer. I
was given a 6" nail to shove in a hole somewhere, and that started the
tractor. In the end I got into bother because I somehow broke the
trailer tipping mechanism.

Even longer ago when I worked as a labourer in an asphalting gang there
were two US jeeps in use. They had a switch marked on-off as I recall.

Bill