Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

On 25/09/2015 14:46, NY wrote:

As regards getting a photo without a battery, I think you'd struggle to
find a film camera that didn't need a battery. All the ones I've had
over the past 40 years, except my grandpa's old Voigtlander that had a
passive meter (*), have needed a battery at least for the exposure meter
and also with some for the film advance motor drive. I *think* that
those cameras would not even fire the shutter without a battery, even if
you used an external meter to determine aperture/shutter speed.

I have a Pentax MX, the battery went flat years ago so I just use my
experience to get the exposure correct, the same as I sometimes do on my
digital camera.

I haven't run a film through it for a few years now, it costs too much
and there aren't many good places to get the film developed and even
fewer places that do good prints.

I did send one film off to somewhere that returned a CD of digitised
negatives but they were a pathetic 25k byte jpegs when they came back so
that was a waste of time and money.
I scanned the ~6,000 negatives I have myself and that took months of
part time effort.