Posted to alt.home.repair

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 07:40:11 -0400, Consumer
wrote:

If you are able to make all your own car repairs, buying a used car might be the most economical solution.

But, if you depend on auto repair shops, a used car can be more expensive over time.
Have a break-down 500 miles from home and you'll see what I mean.

Me, I buy new plain-Jain cars, keep them until the mfg warranty runs out, then buy another new one.

What repairs? I had more "repairs" to my one-and-only new car in the
first 6 months than on my last 2 used cars over 3 years - and they
were both 10 years old or older when purchased.