Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

"Thomas Prufer" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:31:20 +0100, "NY" wrote:

My compact camera doesn't have the option of shooting in RAW.

Look at some of the alternative operating systems for cameras:-)

F'rinstance, there's "CHDK" for many Canon compact cameras: RAW, also:
timelapse, macros that take a picture when lightning flashes, that take
pictures
when something moves, etc. etc. I copied the list below.

All goes on a SD card: move the write proctection to "lock", and you are
running
CHDK, move it back, and it's out-of-the-box original.

That sounds fantastic if you can load alternative firmware/OS into a camera.
My old Minolta digital had the ability to take timelapse (photos of a
morning glory flower opening as the sun came up) but I've never seen it on
any of the more recent cameras, whether compact or SLR.

I'll give it a try!