Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 9/24/2015 6:20 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Taking a sh*t has never been a problem! : Sleep, OTOH, is something
I am perpetually warned to get more of. Too many interesting things
to do vs. spending time asleep! :-/

At my age 6 hrs good sleep is plenty. It is not how long you sleep,
how well(deep) you sleep(reset)

Mine is highly irregular. I work for myself so I keep my own hours -- working
when I feel most productive, and, for as *long* as I continue to feel
productive. And, when I'm not working, there's nothing to prevent me from
taking a nap, going to sleep, etc. As a result, my bed-time varies
considerably. And, the time spent "sleeping" varies as well.

E.g., if I have a meeting at 9A and am just going to bed at 6A, then
I won't be getting more than 2 hours at that time. I may go back to bed
immediately after that meeting. Or, if something "interesting" comes
up, may end up awake for another 20 hours. Then, might "crash" for 12.
Or 4.

I rationalize this by thinking that my body will find a way to get
what it needs. My MD says this isn't really *good* for my body
even if it does "get what it needs" -- eventually.

shrug I tend to consider sleeping and eating as colossal wastes of time
(can't do anything "productive" concurrently with either of those).