Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default What has happened to McFeeleys

On 9/24/2015 4:28 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 9:10:58 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Congress does. They simplified the process. If it benefits us, the
cost to the taxpayer does not matter.

Amen, brother!

I have several folks in my social group that work for the government, and the way they describe the waste (explained to me as , "since when is providing jobs/employment a waste?") for people that do nothing is incredible.

One has a govt job that has a section of about 45 people. There is so little work that they actually bid on the work to be done against their fellow employees, and then the folks that don't bid have nothing to do. They are written up if they have 3 months in a row with little or no production, but since they are only making about $60K a year each, the govt doesn't fuss that much over the small potatoes.

Found out the other day, talking to a new mail carrier, that this is how
the USPS is awarding carrier jobs in the area.

Current employee's actually bid on available routes.

--
eWoodShop:
www.eWoodShop.com