Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 9/24/2015 2:23 PM, wrote:
....try to do a little exercise every day

It's surprisingly easy to get *enough* exercise to
"make a difference". The MD's will always clamor for
"more" -- regardless of how much you do. But, even
a little has a *big* impact on flexibility, attitude,
balance, strength, etc.

I've loaned "workout videos" to friends and, for those
who actually took the time to *try* them (instead of
setting them on top of the exercise equipment that they
DUST, regularly) have universally seen some improvements
in their "quality of life".

Stay active (physically and mentally) as long as possible
in order to be ABLE to stay active *for* as long as possible!

and eat a well balance diet, with lots of vegetables

I "discovered" jicama upon moving to the southwest. It's
"weird", to say the least! But, I find myself *wanting*
it in an ever broader range of meals. It has a nice texture
and a pleasant taste that makes it a good companion for
many dishes. I'm not sure it does much (nutritionally)
for my system -- but is probably a good source of fiber
(and general variety!).

easy on the meat

My downfall. :