Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:38:53 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

A friend of mine who is a senior citizen and want to buy a new car to repla=
ce her standard old car. She is very good driver with very clean driving hi=
story. Her current car is Volkswagen golf. She is thinking of buying a new =
Volkswagen golf but automatic of course (easier to drive). Do you have any =
other recommendation on which car (brand name) she should consider. Too man=
y options and technologies are not really required, just basic stuff but mo=
st be automatic.

Thank you in advance.

Being a senior citizen, maybe on a fixed income, my suggestion is to
not buy a new car. Buy a certified used car. My elder wife (older
than me just bought a 2007 in excellent condition) - more features
than she will use and she bought it under the blue book value from a
private seller for cash. A used certified car may also come with a
warranty beyond the original.