Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a photography darkroom

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 15:44:03 UTC+1, NY wrote:

Yes, I suspect that some of the "film is better than digital" is like the
old "LP is better than CD", which relies partly on personal preference and
partly on "it's better because I say it's better", the old "stands to
reason" defence :-)

nothing to do with that.

If you were teaching sonmeone how to sign would you employ someone that could sing or introduce them to an auto-tuner.

which is best for teaching singing.

I'm not sure about your autofocus reason though. The speed of autofocus
response will be a function of the camera's AF detector and (for an
interchangeable lens) the speed of the AF motor in the lens. Digital cameras
may have faster AF, but that may because they are newer rather than because
they are digital rather than film. Unless anyone knows differently in which
case I might be about to learn something!

Speed is irrelivant if you're focusing on the wrong point.
Last weekend even though I have auto focus I used manual focus because it was better for what I was doing, because auto focus was useless.