Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a photography darkroom

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 14:31:26 UTC+1, NY wrote:

Whisky Dave, is there anything that a photographer who is familiar with both
media can do with film that can't be done with digital? Or are you claiming
that someone who uses digital, no matter how proficiently, isn't "a
photographer" but just someone who takes photos?

The whole argument seems more a baseless ego trip than anything. FWIW I've found digital's ability to autofocus rapidly and accurately a real boon for fast fired action shots where you can't predict what will happen where. Film's equivalents were pants by comparison. I will never go back to film, for a whole list of reasons. It would be like going from mp3 & flac back to 8 track cartridge.

NT