Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On 9/23/2015 6:04 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 2:26:02 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

If I know they will be drawing blood, I'll drink plenty of fluids and be
properly hydrated *before* going to the office/lab. It's the "spur of the
moment" sort of tests that usually result in the fishing expeditions
("Gee, we haven't done a CBC in 3 years! Why don't we get that, today?")

Isn't that a small amount for a blood draw? When you give blood they take 4
or 5 vials prior to filling the bag. Isn't that like a blood draw?

The "needle stick" is essentially the same regardless of how much
blood is withdrawn. I actually find it more discomforting when
they pull several little vials as they have to seat the vacutainers
on the "port", wait for them to fill, then remove them in order to
insert the *next* vacutainer. All that happens with the needle
still *in* your vein, jiggling around as they try to *tug* the
full vacutainer off the port.

By contrast, something like an IV (or blood donation) the needle
is largely stable in your vein for the duration.