Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Red Cross bad veins

On 9/23/2015 2:20 PM, Muggles wrote:

It's a rare occasion if they can draw blood from me the first time they
try. I always tell them ahead of time that my veins roll, and they most
likely will need to use a small butterfly needle to hit a vein.

They've had to double tie the tourniquet, use heat packs on my arms, use
blood pressure cuffs, and beat my arm where they want to get a vein, and
dig for the elusive thing. Still they may have to do 2 or 3 tries. I
just look away each time they try and when they ask "does it hurt?" I
wince and say "YES!"

I'm pleased that I didn't get assigned
to be a phlebotomist. I'd go after who
ever assigned me.....