Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Possible reason the A-10 is being dropped

College kids are constantly pushing the military to modernize itself with respect to technology, engineering and science. Having decades old habits and traditions don't always do it. Its always been like that. There's no such thing as "oldie, but goodie".

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 10:26:17 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
The cannon as I recall was intended for ICBM intercept. MIRV bodies...
The cannon is likely very close to the one I consulted about with
the R&D/E company as they needed a fanout buffer and we had a good one.
I developed a level shifter to get to the logic (non-standard) levels
of the barrels in the R&D gun.

Martin

On 9/22/2015 6:54 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
This is an interesting article that may explain why the Air Force
decided to drop the A-10 Warthog:

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...apons-by-2020/