Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On 9/22/2015 7:22 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Mine is a through the door despenser. As we probably use about 4 glasses of
ice a day, it does not get used very much. The come out the bottom, so stay
about the same size. The ones near the top back side tend to melt and stick
together, maybe during the defrost cycle, but not sure why. Then the lump
is too big to make it out the door.

Some friends of mine had ice maker jam and refuse
to dispense. The temp patch was to take the dispenser
out, dump the ice into a bowl and beat on the ice
cubes until they separated. I don't know how long
that temp patch worked. I could have dumped the ice
ALL into the sink, and they could have had new ice
from that day.

-
..
Christopher A. Young