Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On 9/22/2015 2:58 PM, Don Y wrote:

I asked you for your first-hand OPINION as to why the water froze in the
chute. *YOU* are the only one who has seen the orientation of the chute
(for all we know, it could have been *bent*, improperly installed, etc.),
observed the fill rate, noticed if any "drops" remain in the chute
after the fill cycle terminates, etc.

Of course, it's equally possible that you simply didn't bother to think
about the *cause* of the problem -- just stopped thinking about it once
it went away. Repairs (and repairmen) like that are known to revisit
themselves on the "unfortunate".

When I was a kid, my Dad took a course at work called
analytic troubleshooting. They taught much same as
the concept you describe. Have to stair step the
cause back, till you find the problem.

In the case of the ice maker, I suspect it's not
repaired, it's just patched up. I've had a similar
problem with a customer's ice maker. Perhaps Oren
will keep us up to date.

--
..
Christopher A. Young