Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On 9/22/2015 8:54 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/22/2015 5:24 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 9/22/2015 3:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

My ice maker something freezes up when it goes to eject the ice and one
tiny piece of an ice cube gets stuck in the corner. I just tap it and
it falls off and then it starts making ice again.

I don't use ice in anything. But, SWMBO uses *lots* of ice!
She routinely lifts the wire "bail" that senses when the box is
full of ice (to stop the ice maker from making more than she
needs -- which would cause the ice on the bottom of the box
to languish).

I've never looked to see how this affects the ice making cycle.
But, I've never been summoned with "Don, the ice maker is broken!"

I have a constant supply of ice water with me all the time. I do the
same thing with the wire "bail".

I drink (hot) tea, almost exclusively. Cold water out of a bottle I
keep in the refrigerator if I come indoors from working in the yard
and need to quickly rehydrate (here, you lose a pint of water to
perspiration in 20 minutes in the Summer months -- that's almost half a
gallon per hour! Can't drink tea anywhere near that fast!!)