Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 9/22/2015 8:31 PM, krw wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:28:07 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/21/2015 8:22 PM, krw wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:31:33 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/21/2015 10:42 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 21:08:22 -0700
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

i want to relate this to wood somehow

i heard that nuclear power plants are so expensive to build and maintain
and dispose of and decommission that we could create at least as much
and possibly more energy by burning all the urban tree trimmings to
boil water

bushes and leaves too

but in austria they have a device that converts trash into energy via plasma
conversion
this method leaves zero emissions

for austria it was so successful that they actually began importing trash
from finland

people have tried to get this done in US but of course all the useful idiots
are in all the right places and so landfills keep growing

i see in a quick search there is a plant in florida

Same goes for the electric cars. A Toyota Prias was compared to a
Hummer as far as total energy consumption to build the vehicles, power
the vehicles, and eventually dispose of the vehicles.

all aspects considered, the Hummer was kinder to the environment.

But the Hummer doesn't give the owner the warm fuzzy feelings that the
Pious does.

Oh, I think it does. LOL I think I would much rather be caught dead in
the Hummer than the Prius.

But the chances of getting caught dead driving a Pious are better. ;-)

LOL there is that!