Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Tantalum Capacitors

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 21:23:47 -0400, bitrex
wrote:

Judging by the age of the Korg, I would guess(tm) axial leads not SMT.
100uf 10-16V From Digikey:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv13=67&pv63=19&pv63=11&pv63=449&pv63=489&pv69= 80&FV=fff40002%2Cfff80532&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&C olumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize =25
For fast delivery, there's probably something on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=polymer+capacitor+100uf

Nope, the power supply is almost all SMT, including the tantalum. The
only through hole parts is the switcher inductor and the other large
capacitors, which are a mix of organic polymer and regular electrolytic.

Bad guess(tm). Sorry. I couldn't tell from the "manual" because none
of the caps are listed in the parts list.

This should work for SMT on Digikey:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv13=67&pv63=19&pv63=11&pv63=449&pv63=489&pv69= 3&FV=fff40002%2Cfff80532&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&Co lumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize= 25
The eBay link includes both through-hole and SMT.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D