Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On 9/22/2015 8:15 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

My dad had a 1976 Chevy pickup. It was one of those
with the gas tank outside of the rails. GM was supposed to
allow an extra $1000 as trade in value as part of a settlement
with the government. That deal smelled bad from the
beginning.

GM's answer to any problem was always to buy a new one. I no longer
drive GM cars and the associated problems.