Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:39:10 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Don Y" wrote in message
I don't use ice in anything. But, SWMBO uses *lots* of ice!

She routinely lifts the wire "bail" that senses when the box is
full of ice (to stop the ice maker from making more than she
needs -- which would cause the ice on the bottom of the box
to languish).

I've never looked to see how this affects the ice making cycle.
But, I've never been summoned with "Don, the ice maker is broken!"

I often lift the wire so it will not make more ice and let the hopper run
way down as we do not use much ice and sometimes the ice will melt and make
a lump that needs to be removed by hand.

No trouble in around 10 years on the machine now.

That is what the grinder is good for. It takes ice from the bottom of
the bucket.