Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help a Mormon Ice maker fix

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:24:42 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 9/22/2015 3:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

My ice maker something freezes up when it goes to eject the ice and one
tiny piece of an ice cube gets stuck in the corner. I just tap it and
it falls off and then it starts making ice again.

I don't use ice in anything. But, SWMBO uses *lots* of ice!
She routinely lifts the wire "bail" that senses when the box is
full of ice (to stop the ice maker from making more than she
needs -- which would cause the ice on the bottom of the box
to languish).

I've never looked to see how this affects the ice making cycle.
But, I've never been summoned with "Don, the ice maker is broken!"

There is a cam in there that lifts the bail and if it does not come
down, a contact in the timer opens.
I can get a picture if anyone wants to see it.