Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Winston_Smith[_4_] Winston_Smith[_4_] is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's beingtested?

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:32:46 -0400, Mayayana wrote:

I'd forgotten about the GM issue. It's hardly
surprising these things happen when the executives
in charge have no liability. Even the companies
often find the deals to be profitable. If a company
cuts corners to save $100 million and gets fined
$20 million, with no arrests, then that seems to be
a good business plan.

Again, let's remember the laws and maximum fines are very
DIFFERENT for emissions laws versus for safety laws.

Different laws.
Different agencies.
Different penalties.

You could be arguing that we should make the laws more consistent
between SAFETY violations and EMISSIONS violations; but the fact
is they are very different - so - you can't really compare them
that way and be fair.