Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Tom Miller Tom Miller is offline

Default Tantalum Capacitors

"bitrex" wrote in message
So I'm working on repairing a Korg MS2000B synthesizer for a friend with a
dead power supply. Here's the service manual:

http://www.loscha.com/scans/Korg_MS2...ice_Manual.pdf

The first thing I notice when looking inside is that the small SMT 100uF
10V tantalum capacitor C109 has completely vacated - it appears to be
gone, blown right off the board. There are some little fragments rattling
around in the case.

I have little experience with tantalum capacitors. Any suggestions for a
more reliable replacement?

Use 2.5 times the applied voltage or more.

Or use an aluminum electrolytic 2 - 3 times capacitance.