Andy Cuffe

Default Vertical lines on laptop LCD display

Derek wrote:
However, I did discover that applying
pressure to one of the dark plastic (it almost looks like film) areas
on top of the lcd, near the always-on line of pixel, tended to fix the
problem.

It sounds like you're describing the flex cables that connect the glass
LCD panel to the driver board. I've seen a lot of these crack, or start
to make bad contact at one end causing single rows of pixels to stay
on. When you press on it, it temporarily restores the connection.
There's no way to repair this type of problem yourself, but I believe
there are companies that do repair this type of LCD problem. I'm not
sure if it would be cheaper than an LCD from ebay.

--
Andy Cuffe