Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default What has happened to McFeeleys

On 9/21/2015 3:36 PM, dpb wrote:
On 09/21/2015 11:48 AM, Leon wrote:
I seldom get a catalog any more and their web site no longer has one.
You now must use the "Screw Selector" and it leaves screws out.

Where do you buy your "quality" square drive screws?

Haven't had any recent need so no direct contact suggestion.

I did look at the McF web site; it appears to be using the same package
at the Grainger site. Not terribly surprising once the Grainger
accounting folks got McFeely fully integrated.

As for the question specifically, I'd probably use the "live chat" or
contact tech support by (gasp!) actually dialing the phone and see how
it goes when ask for the specific product. That'll probably immediately
tell you whether it's time to switch vendors or they're still capable
_despite_ corporate.

--

Oh really? That explains alot. Grainger is one of the worst sites. I
think all the hard goods guys. Enco, MSC... they suck too.

--
Jeff