Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What has happened to McFeeleys

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 5:26:07 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I'll look at Highland and Fastenal. I tried McMaster and was
unsuccessful. Strangely enough.

After my recent unsatisfactory experience with Spax, I decided that they do have their use, but I can't carry a hardware store of different screws with me. I need a good, strong, 3 - 3 1/4" screw, and when I saw the Spax at 3 1/4' (or something close) I bit. They are OK, and when in a place where I can get over the screws they are great.

For what I do, they are OK. But I now have about 250 or so of them, and will use them all since I found that the sell the genuine Spax driver separately for about a buck and a half.

After that, off to Fastenal, or like Lew said, Jamestown. Many years ago, I think at Lew's suggestion, I bought a bunch of all stainless screw for a large commercial repair. They were excellent quality, and in the end, I didn't care about the price since I was so pleased with the product.

Robert