Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default What has happened to McFeeleys

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:03:20 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 9/21/2015 12:48 PM, Leon wrote:
I seldom get a catalog any more and their web site no longer has one.
You now must use the "Screw Selector" and it leaves screws out.

Where do you buy your "quality" square drive screws?

yea, I noticed that too.
Also having a tough time locating simple screws..
Seems like they went off the deep end.
Not a great design.

I think many sites lose track of simplicity.
to many of the young crowd (developers) they think it's intuitive.
But not to me. Too many make it easy so they can develop it, but not so
it's functionable.

No kidding, I find that everywhere, what happened to the expression
tell it to me as though I were an idiot. Now I'm not getting any
younger but it seems like making it flashy is more important then
making it work. Hmmm kind of like are government.

Mike M