Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default VW automatic parking brake. etc

On 21/09/15 21:00, NY wrote:
By the way (digressing slightly) what would you say needed adjusting on
a brand new (manual) car if the car rolls an inch or so and then comes
to an abrupt stop when you come to rest with the footbrake, fully apply
the handbrake and then release the footbrake? Eg when stopping at
traffic lights on an up/down gradient, with the car either in gear and
the clutch down or else in neutral. Until I can get round to taking the
car into the garage to get it looked at, I've learned to release the
footbrake slowly so the roll and sudden stop are more gradual.

Play in the suspension. Probably worn rubber bushes.

Ah, hadn't thought of that. Probably more like wrongly assembled than worn
since the car has only done 5000 miles and has been like that from day 1.