Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/21/2015 11:04 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 09/21/2015 06:46 AM, Jack wrote:

BTW, two is the exact number of people I know that use Festool, just
as many as nailshooter knows, and the same two guys. Funny
coincidence huh. Well, Scott Phillips now uses them, and he builds
crap, and I suspect he is getting paid well from the Festool
marketing dept. Tommy Mac also must have had a wad of money dropped
on him by Festool. Tommy Silva should be next on their list. Silva
is the only one of those I respect.

Tom Silva has been using Festool for about 10 years. He also paid for
his collection.

Huh - imagine that. I don't ever recall seeing him using or even advocating
Festool - but that could easily have been something I missed. It just
always seemed to me that he used the more common tools.

He has used Festool on numerous occasions on both versions ATOH and TOH.
I always thought it odd that Festool never advertized on those shows and
yet they were used quite a bit. Especially the vac, saw, sanders, and
maybe the Domino and drill.

BUT he does not use them exclusively, there is not a huge collection so
some one else may be using them when you don't see him using them.